Our client has an excellent opportunity for the right person to come in and work alongside the Owners and the Senior Project Managers in this busy and growing family owned business. So much opportunity to learn and be exposed to many different commercial projects of different sizes. The candidate we are searching for must be driven, hard working and very dedicated to their work and see this as an amazing opportunity to professionally grow and have fun while doing it!
This role reports to the President/Project Operations and is in Glendale Heights, IL.
1. Review bid requirements
2. Review Insurance/Bond requirements
3. Assemble & Send bid proposal package to Owner / Architect
1. Review & Highlight Owner contracts w/ PM & Project Operations (PO)
2. Secure Insurance / Bond
1. Assign Job # to project, Management of “Job list” File & Distribute
2. QuickBooks set up Job # & client information
3. Secure permits & licenses
4. Set-up General Conditions / vendors for job site, & Allowance items
Subcontractor Safety Programs
1. Request, Track, & Compile subcontractors Safety Program by project
2. Distribute subcontractors Safety Program to field Superintendents (SI) for each project
3. Communicate with Field Operations (FO) on safety incidents
Change Orders (Cos)
1. Create & Track subcontractors COs
2. Create, Track & Send PCOs & COs to Owner / Architect
Draws / Invoices / Close-Out
1. Receive & Review invoicing from subcontractors & vendors
2. Track General Conditions / Vendors & Allowances
3. Create monthly draws w/PM & Field Operations per Owner contract billing requirements (15th / 30th)
4. Create Owner invoices as required
5. Work w/PM & Project Operations (PO) on closeout & final billing
6. Request, Receive, Track & Send waivers for draw requests
1. Review all invoices & obtain appropriate approvals for Job Allowances, General Conditions and EE Expenses.
2. Run QuickBooks reports for PM to tack Job Allowances, Expenses and General Conditions as required
3. Enter and Manage invoices for Allowances, Expenses and General Conditions in QuickBooks.
4. Review Draw Requests for Subcontractors payouts (input in QuickBooks by PMS).
5. Receive checks from clients in QuickBooks and deposit accordingly (Checking /Title accounts).
6. Pay out draw requests accordingly (verify contracts, insurance, warranty received from Sub).
7. Present weekly, invoices to be paid as due to Project Operations for approval.
8. In QuickBooks enter all credit card charges monthly.
1. Send & Track punch list and acquire client sign off
2. Acquire Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) & Certificate of Occupancy (C of O), Distribute & File accordingly
3. Confirm Warranty date with PM, enter Warranty date into “Job List” file
4. Request, Track & Compile Warranty docs from Subcontractors
5. Send completed Warranty Book / Disc to Owner
6. Manage & Track warranty items
1. Assist in other areas as required
2. Create, Manage & Update various office templates as required
Education: Minimum of Associate Degree required
Experience: Commercial Construction Experience a MUST! Min. 5-7 years preferred
1. Proficient in QuickBooks, Word, Excel, Outlook
2. Proficient using preparing AIA docs & Waivers
3. Proficient preparing Sworn Statements, Pay Applications
1. Sound integrity and professional ethics.
2. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Desire and ability to create and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, architects, subcontractors, vendors, internal employees, etc.
5. Ability to multi task, prioritize and complete projects on time.
6. Ensure compliance to standards, timelines, and quality.
7. Familiarity with trades and cost of materials and labor.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.