The Configuration Management Engineer is responsible to develop and promote compliance of the company quality system to customer requirements by reviewing the quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement programs. Specifically, the Configuration Management Engineer shall provide the infrastructure to establish a means to identify all customer processing requirements and produce production plans that define and comply with all customer requirements.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review, interpret and implement customer specifications, part drawings and additional purchase order requirements.
• Generate, revise and review processing production plans using internal Visual Shop software system. Develop frozen plans as required.
• Manage document and drawing control.
• Maintain process plan and technique records, including customer approvals. Ensure proper revision control of techniques.
• Assist in new part/new process introduction preparation and troubleshooting.
• Assis in the analysis of internal and external non-conformances through Root Cause and Corrective Action methods.
• Prepare and revise internal standard operating procedures and work instructions, as required.
• Conduct internal audits.
• Help secure and maintain third party accreditation, such as Nadcap, AS9100, etc.
• Four year College degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
• Two year college degree and/or extensive experience in the specific field is considered as an alternative.
• Familiar with 1S09001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems.
• A minimum of 2 years working in an engineering or quality department, preferably within the aerospace industry.
• Strong competency in communication, Quality Assurance and document control practices (knowledge of CATIA or Novia would be an asset).
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!