Configuration Controller (New Grads Welcome)
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a great opportunity for a Configuration Controller (Manufacturing). The successful incumbent will be responsible for creating and maintaining manufacturing information and records and represents a point-of-contact for change of documents pertaining to manufacturing and inspection requirements.
- Liaise between Engineering, Production, Management, and shop floor to troubleshoot and resolve specification and/or assembly problems as they arise.
- Create and Maintain MRP, BOMs and routings.
- Create work instructions for complex parts/assemblies.
- Collaborate with Production and support teams to identify and improve processes.
- Create and Maintain manufacturing information and records.
- Provide shop floor support and resolve quality issues (non-conformances) by providing assistance in defining and eliminating ‘root’ cause (RCCA Process)
- Prepare, maintain and revise procedures, manufacturing outlines, work orders and rework cards
- Contribute to RFQ process if/when Customer Spec interpretations required.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Formal training or relevant work experience for Blueprint Reading in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset
- Prior experience in the Aerospace Industry is considered an asset
- Manufacturing experience with root cause analysis
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office software
- Strong understanding of dimensioning and tolerances
- Able to understand complex problems and solutions
- Able to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, professional journals, technical specifications and government regulations
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)