Steel Manufacturer has an immediate need for a Computer Automation Engineer who will ensure the availability of the control system hardware and software and assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Ensure stability and availability of control system hardware and software by thorough and precise maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Develop or modify control system software to meet evolving company production requirements or goals.
- Determine the root cause of control system problems and develop effective corrective actions.
- Provide explanations of technical issues to operations and management.
- Work together with other engineers responsible for interconnected systems to assist their troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide on call support on a rotational basis for 24/7 production environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience preferred
- Experience in the application of computer control technology and techniques for the optimization of quality and productivity
- Manufacturing or steel industry preferred
Hardware / Software:
- Windows Server class hardware, workstations, thin clients, networking equipment (routers, switches)
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Fortran, Visual Basic, PHP, Python, Java
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows XP
- SCADA packages: iFIX, fix32, Cimplicity
- Technologies: Databases, virtualization, terminal services, web services