Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Composite Fabricator role to join our team at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The Composite Fabricator must have a general knowledge of all related materials, methods, and equipment. Working to applicable work instructions, they will be responsible for preparing and fabricating composite component new build and performing repair schemes as required. The Composite Fabricator will work on composite tool building and mould making as required, and will receive a premium as per letter of agreement when fully certified on autoclave and oven operations and when required to perform in that capacity.
This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of the A.M.T. or A.M.M.O.P. program or a recognized technical course/program related to this discipline. Completion of the A.M.T. program is preferred.
- Employment experience in Composite Manufacturing will be considered an asset.
- Successful completion (meeting MAW standards) of TOWES test is preferred.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE and Respirator).
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.