Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Composite Fabricator at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Composite Fabricator must have a general knowledge of all related materials, methods, and equipment. Working to applicable work instructions, they will be responsible for preparing and fabricating composite component new build and performing repair schemes as required. The Composite Fabricator will work on composite tool building and mould making as required, and will receive a premium as per letter of agreement when fully certified on autoclave and oven operations and when required to perform in that capacity.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of the A.M.T. program (preferred) or other recognized technical course / program related to this discipline.
- Employment experience in Composite Manufacturing will be considered an asset.
- Successful completion (meeting Magellan standards) of TOWES test is preferred.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE and Respirator).
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.