Title: Components Engineer
City: Santa Rosa
Job Code: EB-9823426242
Tekberry, a national contract staffing company, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Components Engineer to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Rosa, CA. Our clients rely on Tekberry to provide exceptional people to handle demanding short and long-term contract assignments.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Represent client to suppliers on proposed design, procurement and installation of new components, equipment and processes
- Research and recommend the application of preferred components, processes, and materials
- Analyze new product designs, assemblies, and components to improve product reliability, quality and to ensure compatibility with manufacturing processes and cost objectives
- Research and identify causes of technical manufacturing problems
- Define and implements permanent solutions
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Provide customers with highest quality of products and services
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related scientific discipline, with minimally 5+ years of experience in a professional materials and manufacturing engineering and supply chain related environment.
- Experience reviewing and selecting digital and analog[RF/Microwave] components for specific design applications
- Ability to work effectively across functional organizations such as R&D, Procurement and other business and engineering organizations
- Ability to effectively work with contract manufactures (CMs) and other suppliers individually or as part of a team
- Ability to be responsible for the technical and quality aspects of commodity team activities including part and supplier identification, evaluation, qualification and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice of scientific or engineering concepts to function as an individual contributor.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to lead small teams and projects
- Working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system
- Expertise and experience with Product Lifecycle Management
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.