The Compensation Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the firm’s professional staff
compensation programs including policies and practices. The incumbent will partner with key stakeholders to
align the compensation program with business objectives, ensuring programs are competitive and attract,
motivate, and retain high performing talent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides expertise in compensation program design and strategy, performing analysis and modeling to
• Leads and administers the firm’s staff compensation programs including base pay and bonus programs.
• Prepares market analyses, and develops compelling salary offers for all staff positions in accordance
with firm policies and government regulations.
• Ensures the consistent application of the firm’s pay philosophy, while responding to market pressures
and competitiveness to attract and retain high performing talent.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the compensation plans by providing routine reporting and analytics to
HR Director and CHRO.
• Manages compensation for two annual merit/performance bonus cycles (globally) ensuring proper
allocation of rewards, internal equity, and market competitiveness; collaborates with senior leadership
on equal pay statistics.
• Participates in local and national, industry and non-industry surveys in applicable areas of responsibility.
Analyzes market data, trends and competitive practices, and proposes recommendations for
modification to ensure programs and processes are competitive with peer groups and compliant.
• Reviews and maintains job descriptions, evaluating job content, determining salary grades, FLSA
exemptions, and organizational structure within HRIS.
• Designs innovative programs and incentive plans to address specific compensation-related market
• Works with the Human Resources Business Partners and department managers to deliver the
appropriate compensation solutions which align with the firm’s strategy.
• Collaborates with professional staff recruiting team to support business goals and ensure market
competitiveness relative to offers for external talent.
• Partners with the Human Resource Director in the development and monitoring of the firm’s
• Works closely with HRIS, Payroll and Finance to establish annual headcount budgets and changes
throughout the year.
• Oversees system design, development and administration of Human Resources related software and
databases in the areas of responsibility. Ensures efficiency and data integrity through consistent
monitoring, testing and auditing.
• The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or directly related field. Equivalent
training and experience may substitute for education.
• The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience
that included two to three (2 to 3) years of direct supervision of others on a regular basis. CCP
• Experience with complex Human Resources Management systems required. Demonstrated proficiency
in laws and regulations governing compensation including FLSA, pay transparency and Title VII. Legal or
professional services experience preferred.
• Exceptional client service skills, demonstrating patience, creativity, and discretion, while interacting
professionally with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, on a prepared and
extemporaneous basis with attorneys, staff and external contacts.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts. Requires patience,
creativity and discretion.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and appropriately delegate work to others to meet deadlines,
goals and objectives, develop skills and knowledge of others, build capacity and productivity of
• Ability to effectively supervise others, including hiring, training, assigning work, managing performance,
counseling, and disciplining.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking
to draw conclusions, and develop solutions to complex problems.
• Knowledge of standard accounting and/or budgeting principles and the ability to monitor and manage
budgets within established limits, analyze financial data and draw accurate conclusions.
• Advanced technical skills including knowledge of compensation market data/analytics and job
description software (such as PayScale, Salary.com) and MS suite with advanced skills in Excel/data
• Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrates a high degree of trustworthiness in handling
confidential and sensitive information