Title: Compensation Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director – HRIS & Compensation
Location: Lyndhurst, NJGeneral Summary:
The Compensation Manager assists in the implementation, communication and administration of SPARC Group compensation programs, policies and procedures. This individual will work closely with HR generalists to support the corporate and field populations with compensation analysis and recommendations.
Responsible for working with highly sensitive and confidential information and maintaining the confidentiality of information used during the normal course of business. Position Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day compensation support to Corporate, Field and Store groups.
• Assess SPARC Group’s current and future compensation programs ensuring they are equitable and align to the company’s compensation philosophy.
• Assist in the design, rollout and administration of compensation programs.
• Participate in key market salary surveys, as needed.
• Conduct benchmarking reviews, as needed.
• Assist in job leveling, FLSA classifications and development of pay grades.
• Assist with Year End review process by providing support with merit planning, merit increases, bonus calculations and payouts, and year-end reporting.
• Provide reports, analysis, and clarification of policies and practices to HR team and Business Leaders.
• Administer all Store related variable pay programs (i.e. Sales, SPIFF, Shrink, Spot bonus, etc.)
• Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
• Prepare charts and graphs for the presentation of HR metrics in the quarterly HR dashboard.
• Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Finance related to employee and compensation data, including headcount, salary, bonus accrual, PTO accrual, etc.
• Prepare Compensation Sheets for off-cycle promotions and/or market adjustments. Position Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience; preferably in an HR Compensation role.
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar quantitative field.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
• Experience with creating reports and extracting and analyzing data from an HRIS system.
• Must be able to handle sensitive information confidentially and professionally.
• Client service orientation with extremely strong attention to detail and ability to maintain data integrity.
• Ability to manage workload with conflicting/competing priorities and multiple deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of management and employees.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Prior experience working with HCM systems; experience working with Ceridian/Dayforce is a plus.SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).#LI-JD1Click here to apply online