Salary: $65,000/ Year Salary
Hours: Mon-Friday 8am-5pm
The Compensation Analyst, analyzes, designs, and administers the Tribe's Compensation Policy and Philosophy to support the recruitment and retention of Government employees. Designs and consults with Government departments regarding pay structures, job descriptions, compensation budgets, projections, and guidelines. Advises Managers on making effective offers and pay decisions that support employee engagement and comply with budgetary guidelines. Evaluates jobs and develop and maintain job descriptions to ensure appropriate organizational hierarchy. Participate in surveys and gather compensation salary data, conduct research and analysis on market competitiveness, pay equity, and trends.Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the Tribe's Compensation Policy.
- Gather data and prepare programs for annual salary planning.
- Work with payroll to ensure timely and accurate payments are made.
- Perform job analyses, including interviews, evaluation, internal comparison, external market pricing, and external survey participation. Recommend appropriate salary grade placement or adjustments consistent with objectives regarding internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Participate in salary and total rewards surveys and analyze survey results to determine the competitiveness of the Tribe's compensation package.
- Creation of operational reports, including collecting and collating data, analyzing that data for pertinent information, and creating actionable reports and/or presentations based on that information.
- Review and update the Tribe's salary range structure. Implement approved modifications to the structure, as necessary, to ensure a competitive posture in the labor market.
- Prepare and distribute communications regarding the employee compensation program, including preparation of total rewards statements, drafting, and distributing employee communication materials.
- Maintain compensation policies and procedures, including periodic content review and proposal of appropriate revisions or additions for approval.
- Maintain awareness of the latest trends and regulations regarding compensation and total rewards to ensure program compliance and market competitiveness in support of workforce planning and strategic drivers
- Work with Budget Planning & Analysis and Accounting to obtain timely financial reporting applicable to completing annual budgets.
- Ability to meet deadlines, time budgets, and work multiple tasks under pressure.
- Support the work of the department and team.
- Identifies process improvements and recommends practices to improve effectiveness.
- Ability to interpret data and find trends and takeaways to support business in decision making.
- Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to handle complex tasks and provides guidance to others.
- Participates in the development or revision of internal control procedures.
- Designs complex spreadsheets and models, including advanced formulas for analytics and report creation.
Required Knowledge of:
- Supervisory and budget management principles and practices.
- Finance and accounting
- Planning, organizing, and maintaining workflow
- Tribal cultural customs
- Federal regulations and statue
- Budget management, Preparing and maintaining reports and records.
- Make independent judgments.
- Use tact, courtesy, and communicate well with others, orally and in writing.
- Collaborate and develop relationships and support an environment of change.
- Render logical, clear, and practical written reports and oral presentations
- Operate various office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, etc.
Education, Certifications, and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or Human Resources. Three years of experience in implementing financial analysis in classification compensation programs.
Associate degree or five-year basis Professional experience substituted for degree OR any professional training or work experience demonstrating the ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver's License.
- Experience with wage studies is preferred.