Excellent entry level opportunity for a Compensation Analyst who wants to learn and grow. Remote role.
Job Locations: US-OH-Columbus/Possible Remote/Hybrid
The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Our client is a vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Their mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, our client brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace to Match
They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about.
The Compensation Analyst plays an active role in administering company-wide compensation programs including base pay and incentive compensation. Consults with HR peers and business leaders to assess, design, and execute our compensation program. Takes ownership for maintaining and applying market data to meet the needs of the business.
- Uses competitive market data and knowledge of trends to consult with management, HR peers and cross functional groups to assist in the design, development, execution, and administration of compensation programs
- Acts in an advisory capacity on pay issues, classification of positions, hiring salaries and the proper application of policies
- Administers Annual Rewards Process and Incentive Compensation
- Prepares analyses, materials and recommendations to ensure that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency
- Participates in compensations surveys, conducts benchmarking and best practices analyses and develops recommendations
- Monitor’s compensation trends, pending legislation/regulations, governance issues, and new requirements in order to keep senior management advised of any potential implications to company programs and policies
- Ensures compensation programs are designed and managed in a fiscally responsible way that supports business operations and complies with applicable laws and regulations
Other essential tasks that are not listed may be requested by your supervisor.
- 1-2 years HR experience with background in Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4 years additional work experience in lieu of
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong business acumen, problem solving skills, mathematical/analytical and technical skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced degree and/or goal to work toward a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Knowledge of the Retail industry