Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 8 months (very strong chance of an extension)
ADDITIONAL NOTE: the manager would like to see some writing samples submitted along with the resumes if possible.
Purpose of the hire:
- Marketing team supporting Digital Investing portfolio needs a highly proficient Communications support person
- Writing client communications across various digital and print channels as well as Sales support materials to educate and enable National Sales team.
- This role will have a 80% focus on writing and will involve about 20% project management
We’re on a journey to redefine how Canadians invest. Digital Investing is uniquely positioned in the marketplace with 3 innovative digital solutions to empower Canadians of all investor levels to make smart investing decisions anytime, anywhere.
Day to day:
- Creating a suite of materials to support the branches in explaining our products to clients.
- Note: some will be internal only – educating sales staff how to position a product or as a support to guide conversations – to simplify complex material
- Get to know our brand and tone of voice
- Regularly meet with Sales/Product SMEs to get a deeper understanding of products and services
- Conduct information gathering sessions with Advisor team to understand customer pain points and themes for driving new sales
- In addition to copywriting you will need coordinate the production of marketing material by briefing our internal Creative Service team for design services
- Assist company employees at all levels with the development of materials for various company projects in accordance with acceptable internal specifications.
- Ensure that any and all corporate design standards are adhered to and made part of, all work that is created internally or by outside vendors.
- Partner with marketing staff to produce materials that meet corporate objectives and are effective with target audiences.
- Assist in creative development, logistics, and distribution of materials for sales meetings, conferences, and training sessions.
- Ability to simplify/translate complex material for an end user friendly - Content writing
- Demonstrated copywriting skills
- proficiency in office applications
- Ability to corral multiple working groups together – to get consensus on the material – align the different working groups. Note will be able to demonstrate this by working at a large multi-tier organization like a bank – managed from inception to execution.
Nice to have:
- Banking/finance background would be an asset – general understanding of banking products