endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Commodity Manager – Chemicals
Procures materials, equipment or services based on assigned commodities (all chemicals and chemical raw materials). Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives. Participates in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices. Team member on new product launches.
- Responsible for the negotiated cost on all contract and/or raw materials in the designated area of Commodity Management
- Establish multiple supply points to assure adequate supply when necessary.
- Monitor market drivers and trends associated with assigned commodity area.
- Interface with Supply Base to ensure quality standards meet and exceed requirements.
- Support Material Planner(s) as it relates to individual commodities.
- Participates in cross functional team activities for New Product Introduction.
- Conduct appropriate market research for assigned commodities and services.
- Research and prepare Commodity Briefs and Source Plans for different spend areas identified.
- Develop and maintain a program of evaluation for the supplier base which includes certification requirements.
- Coordinate with Material Planner(s) to generate plan for slow moving or obsolete inventory.
- Other duties as determined or required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Must have supply chain, commodity experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to become familiar with the Plant Operations and Warehouse Inventory
- Computer work for extended periods
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.