endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Regional / Divisional commodity responsibility for sourcing, sourcing decisions, negotiations and managing the supply base for a segment or group of suppliers
in respect with purchasing policy, internal code of Ethics, internal safety and environment rules.
- Defines and implements the purchasing strategy for his/her Commodity(ies) in accordance with the Commodities managers strategies.
- Participates in Commodity(ies) manager meeting for global strategy.
- Performs strategic sourcing analyses (internal constraints, external risks, cost analysis and understanding of strategic levers, analysis of the supplier market)
- Makes the current supplier base evolve toward the target supplier base by re-sourcing and by controlling the assignment of new business.
- Support all sites under the leadership of commodity managers
- Assure that local purchasing organizations comply with commodity strategy
- Support the projects with all ASPP project activities except CLD/CTS
- Responsible for all serial activities according to ASPP.
- Participates to the plant(s) cost reduction.
- Draws up and implements the productivity plan for his/her purchasing family(ies) in line with budget objectives and using all levers: technical and commercial productivity, QCD workshops, re-sourcing, etc.
- Reports his/her results monthly.
- Manages his/her suppliers.
- Handles purchasing administration for management of supplier modifications at one plant
- Manage supplier files, component files, RFQ, Contract review, etc
- Support supplier improvement program for not acceptable supplier on the local level
- Act as lead buyer for supplier not managed by CM / CB
- Support supplier escalation for NCM and AS 51.
- Improves his/her commodity(ies) quality level
- Ensures the quality of purchased components in collaboration with the Purchasing Quality team.
- For volume-produced components, through his/her involvement in the follow-up of progress plans and the signing of QCD contracts or all contracts for improvement of suppliers
- For new projects, he/she provides the support to SQE auditors and project buyers.
- Participates to the new projects suppliers definition (support project team)
- Participates, with the project buyer, in the selection of suppliers for each project. Validates the final choice and ensures that supplier designers are integrated properl
- Has a veto right in the choice of the suppliers for new projects.
- Manages or pilots all points concerning serial products (SREA, PCN).
- Experience in sourcing, sourcing decisions, negotiations, strategic analysis and managing a supply base in automotive environment.
- Strong knowledge of automotive supplier market.
- Skilled in computer office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- What we offer
- Work in international teams on innovative products
- Very good working climate
- Attractive compensation package
- Career development programs
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.