endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
What we offer:
We develop cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. We are a global pioneer in active safety – all the cool new technology appearing in cars – night vision, cameras, smart-cruise, self-driving cars.
Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
- Regional / Divisional commodity responsibility for sourcing, sourcing decisions, negotiations and managing the supply base for a segment or group of suppliers in respect with purchasing policy, internal code of Ethics, internal safety and environment rules.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Purchasing Strategies according to Goals and Objectives and Commodity Roadmaps defined by the Purchasing Manager and Category Director(s), respectively.
- Support the Purchasing organization under the leadership of the Purchase Manager
- Assure that local teams comply with the Commodity Roadmaps/Strategies
- Participates in Category Director(s) meeting for global strategy.
- Performs strategic sourcing analyses (internal constraints, external risks, cost analysis and understanding of strategic levers, analysis of the supplier market).
- Ensure supply base development aligns with the Commodity Roadmap (e.g. supplier growth, consolidation, resourcing).
- Adhere to and support all Veoneer Purchasing activities not actively managed by Project Purchasing or Category Management.
- Responsible for commercial negotiations of both local and global supplier, as defined by Purchasing Manager and Category Director(s).
- Reports his/her key metrics as required by Purchasing Manager.
- Support Engineering Change activities, acting as Change Leader when the scope of Supplier Request for Engineering Approval (SREA) requires it (as defined by Veoneer Change process or Purchasing Manager).
- Ensure continuity of supply to Veoneer production facilities.
- Monitor and manage Supplier capacity/lead times vs operational demands.
- Manage supplier files, component files, RFQ, Contract review, etc • Support supplier improvement initiatives at local level and as Lead Buyer when required.
- Assume Lead Buyer role when defined by Category Director. • Support supplier escalation for Non-Conforming Material (NCM) and Supplier scorecards.
- Ensures the quality and delivery of purchased components is in accordance with Veoneer Supplier Manual (VSM) requirements.
- Support to Supplier Quality, Sales, Engineering, and Project teams for existing programs and new business opportunities
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 years in Purchasing role
- Experience in sourcing, sourcing decisions, negotiations, strategic analysis and managing a supply base in automotive environment
- Strong knowledge of automotive supplier market.
Skilled in computer office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.