endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Commodity Buyer (Electronics)
This position will provide support to the Category Manager for Electronics and will be responsible for interfacing with regional and global procurement teams, developing robust supplier and purchasing strategies, and manage annual/multi-year pricing agreements, and negotiate contractual needs.
- Develop robust supplier and purchasing strategies for a given set of commodities across North American plants.
- Discern advantages of local vs global supply, make vs buy scenarios, and strong focus on development of non-traditional suppliers and potential supplier assessment process.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers (cross functional team) on matters related to day-to-day supply, quality, part launches, engineering changes, product transfers, supplier resourcing, and capacity planning.
- Negotiate and achieve YOY cost reductions and Best-in-class cost through various tools including but not limited to: VAVE initiatives, creation of cost models, product cost tear down activities, supplier visits and on-site audits, supplier cost down workshops, supplier fact based negotiations, global sourcing, dual sourcing, raw material escalation/de-escalation price models, internal and external benchmarking activities, market intelligence and industry analysis, among others.
- Manage annual/multi-year pricing agreements, negotiate the contractual needs, specifications, application, total cost (including logistics costs, MOQ/Lead times impact on inventory targets), stocking agreements, payment terms, warranty terms, OTD and overall Quality metrics per company standards, as well as manage and negotiate commercial issues that may arise.
- Manage suppliers, including the identification of new suppliers, qualification process, financial and business analysis, and core supplier review against core processes, policies, and metrics.
- Interface with both regional and global procurement teams for supplier evaluations, leverage of cost, technology advancement and supplier responsiveness.
- Select Vendors that will meet Quality, Technology, and Cost standards for New Products development and execution.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering; Master’s Degree is a plus (completed or in process)
- Familiar with and motivated by the Commercial side of Business (Purchasing preferably)
- Familiar with and motivated by the Manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving, familiar with business case and project financial analysis, desirable project management skills.
- Computer skills are a must with proficiency in Excel (pivot table, formulas, reports)
- High mobility, 25% traveling within US
- Desired commercial and technical knowledge of Electrical Components, Electronics, Wire Harnesses, Switches, Batteries, etc.
- Collaborative team player