The primary functions of the Commercial Sales Support Specialist are (1) to act as a supplement/extension of the Director of Commercial Sales and the Regional Sales Managers; and (2) coordinate activities related to commercial customers’ orders including support, price, delivery, availability, order processing, demand requirements, scheduling, and returns.
Extensive product knowledge will be required. In addition, the Commercial Sales Support Specialist must have a complete understanding of the Commercial Sales organization and is expected to provide recommendations and participate in the development of department processes. The individual is responsible to understand and accommodate the various requirements of commercial customers and communicate these requirements to other appropriate disciplines and groups within the company as required. The individual must be self-motivated, capable of making independent decisions related to requirements of the position and be able to take appropriate courses of action without immediate supervision.
This position will require the analysis and compilation of large volumes of sales data so critical thinking and analytical skills are crucial. The individual will be responsible for a wide variety of functions that require the ability to make independent decisions in complex problems where limited standardization exists.
The Commercial Sales Support Specialist will also be responsible for administrative duties, which include the preparation of presentations, visitor coordination, and any special projects as assigned.
The individual must be very knowledgeable in SAP and MSFT office software, and have a solid understanding of CRM platforms. Direct customer contact will be very frequent so a very high level of professionalism is required.
- Order processing & follow-up, addressing customer inquiries
- 1st Line Online/Offline technical and sales support
- SPA quote management and preparation
- Offshore project coordination, commission split preparation for approval and reporting
- Sales data collection, analysis and summary preparation for commission payment approval
- CRM management and administration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commercial order management activities (30%)
- Management of SPA approval process (20%)
- Management of offshore project coordination and commission payment (10%)
- Onshore Sales data collection & analysis; commission statement preparation (10%)
- CRM management and administration (10%)
- NPRF and NPDR preparation, filing and tracking (5%)
- PowerPoint presentation preparation (5%)
- General Office / other (10%)
- Communication and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Expert PC skills for spreadsheets, word processing and presentations
- A very high level of professionalism
- SAP experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in an Administrative Assistant role, preferably in Sales or Engineering.
- Computer proficiency required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);Japanese language skills preferred.