Commercial Real Estate Accounting Manager - Atlanta
Under the direction and supervision of the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for oversight of the day to day accounting activities for various properties to include financial statement preparation, review and analysis, bank reconciliation review, journal entry approval, research, payable review, etc.
- Responsible for monthly financial statement preparation for assigned properties. This task includes interpreting and analyzing property reports on a monthly basis, including analysis and reconciliation of required balance sheet accounts based upon the information received.
- Responsible for managing a staff of 2 accountants and an accounts payable associate.
- Perform initial review of additional periodic operating reports prepared by staff.
- Review of accounting functions such as bank reconciliations, management fee and distribution calculations, journal entries, etc. prepared by staff.
- Respond to client inquiries by coordinating responses required of regional managers & accounting staff.
- Assist the Controller with cash management activities and banking administration.
- Responsible for review of accounts payable/payroll for accuracy, coding and approval.
- Assist the Controller with Property Tax review and analysis.
- Review staff distributions and cash analysis on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS degree in Accounting required along with a minimum of three to five years of real estate experience. Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills essential. Able to effectively interact with various personality types with various experience/educational levels. Knowledge of GAAP is required. Ability to manage priorities and work flow with versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within a constantly changing work environment. Computer literacy/word processing skills required. Yardi experience preferred.