Commercial Property Manager - Fort Worth, TX - Class A Building
The Property Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling administration, operations, and fiscal management of the property.
An effective Property Manager is project-oriented, has friendly, “firm-but-fair” tenant relationships, and is exceptionally organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
In addition, the property manager will manage operations and maintenance; life safety; property appearance; human resource administration as assigned; lease administration; accounting and finance; tenant relations; energy conservation and environmental protection programs; and all contractual services and properties performance per the Company Policy Guidelines.
Tenant Relations and Property Management
- Coordinate customer move-ins and move-out; work with construction coordinator on customer space when appropriate and singlehandedly manage smaller scale customer space modifications.
- Provide Class A quality and timely customer service while continuously developing and managing on-going projects to improve customer relations, the retail experience and property image.
- Responsibly manage office administration to include employee performance management as assigned.
- Conduct coordinated effort with parking operations to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved. Provide assistance to Senior Management, Leasing, Marketing and Development as needed
- Ensure property is in compliance with governmental guidelines and regulations, file required reports; maintain appropriate documentation and effectively communicate critical information regarding building operation updates to tenants.
- Effectively manage vendor contracts, including specifications, to ensure quality service is provided to the property and tenants, including but not limited to contracts such as security, janitorial and landscaping services; ensure vendors are fully qualified and in compliance with ownership requirements; formally and periodically obtain competitive bids to challenge costs and quality of operating services provided.
- Collectively with the Chief Engineer, implement and direct all efforts for fire and life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems, environmental management systems and energy management system, as appropriate; Conduct safety meetings for tenants and property management team members; perform routine site inspections for maintenance needs, safety hazards, tenant abuse of common areas, landscape needs, curb appeal, signage, etc.
- Proactively stay abreast of new safety or environmental rules and regulations regarding HVAC, indoor air quality, etc.
- Proactively attend seminars, industry meeting (IREM/BOMA/BATMA) and related organizations to stay aware of current issues affecting local markets and the real estate industry.
- Efficiently and effectively manage commercial and retail lease agreements to ensure tenant obligations to ownership are enforced and ownerships obligations to tenants are met; as well as checking for general compliance, escalations, monthly charges, renewals, expirations, fees, notification updates, etc., and new amendment content.
- Oversee monthly financial reporting to management to ensure reporting accuracy while using Yardi.
- Proactively review operating financial reports, property status reports, capital and tenant improvements reports as required to identify any variances and make recommendations for improving the net operating income and cash flow for the project (s).
- Work with the Senior Accountant to produce and provide Owners with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting package.
- Handle preparation of operating budgets for the assigned project (s); preparation of annual customer Rent Letter and Year-End Reconciliation (DOE, CAM bill backs and adjustments).
- Oversee utility usage, tenant and retailer sub-metering reports and tenant bill backs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years overseeing property management of a Class A multi-tenant office building; tenant build out/construction administration and management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Intermediate to advanced user in Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required
- Must be responsive with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others and able to respond to the property for problematic and/or emergency conditions
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized and have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results; must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- Must possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations