Our client is a highly visible commercial real estate company, looking to hire a key team member for one of their key properties. The Property Accountant will provide full scale accounting support for the property management team.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Create monthly variance reports.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable process – monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate Accounts Payable process – review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Maintain Tenant sales information – manage collection of sales, input of data, production and distribution of reports
- Manage temporary tenant lease process- review of documents, input into MRI, track receivables, manage security deposits.
- Develop and supervise cash management procedures – audit petty cash, credit card policies and use and oversee train operations and gift card procedures.
- Management of MRI; including the update of information, maintenance of the information and development of customized reports, software upgrades and module training.
- Assist with annual budget preparation – compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and enter budget information into the accounting system, process estimates for miscellaneous income and specialty leasing.
- Update schedules for lease data; including but not limited to rent rolls, expirations, terminations, occupancy, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reports - quarterly forecast preparation of variance reports.
- Prepare year-end 1099’s and distribute to outside contractors and consultants.
- Annual year-end reconciliation process – CAM, percentage rent, insurance, real estate taxes.
- Assist in all audits at the property.
- Be a liaison with HR functions including payroll processing, new hire paperwork, benefits, employment compliance, tracking of PTO, 401k plan management, union compliance and other HR functions that may be requirement by management, ownership or Insperity.
- Assist in payroll reporting process. Make allocations to project entities as necessary. Ensure adequate funding.
- Assist Controller in special projects.
- Participate in any other duty which from time to time may be required to successfully operate a Regional Shopping Center.
- 3+ years property accounting experience
- Experience in commercial real estate, including CAM expense reconciliation
- Excellent communications skills and interest in interacting with all levels of the organization