The Senior Commercial Credit Analyst is responsible for the underwriting and analysis of commercial real estate, and commercial & industrial loans. This individual will play a key role in credit administration department; including the training and mentoring of less experienced analysts and assisting Loan Officers in structuring loan requests that adhere to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation of quality, detailed financial analysis including cash flow models and collateral evaluations in order to identify potential credit risks.
- Capable of evaluating complex financial statements to spread and analyze in order to prepare a credit review.
- Mentor and assist in training of less experienced commercial credit analysts.
- Make recommendations in accordance with sound banking practices in order to minimize risk exposure.
- Ensure commercial loan requests adhere to bank policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate and partner with the Commercial Lender or Team Leader to assist with monitoring of the loan portfolio.
- Participate in on-site client meetings with the Commercial Lender or Team Leader.
- Review of appraisals to ensure adherence to applicable federal regulations and soundness of analysis and conclusions.
- Complete independent research and analyze market conditions to assess collateral values.
- Track monitoring requirements for various loans within the Bank’s portfolio.
- Review and monitor working capital draws.
- Serve as back-up for the VP, Credit Administration Manager in their absence. This includes assigning underwriting requests, reviewing of loan presentations and taking meeting minutes for loan committees.
- Completion of special projects as required by senior management and other additional responsibilities as requested.
- Working knowledge of finance, accounting, and credit analysis concepts.
- Capacity to work within a fast paced and proactive environment while adding value to our clients.
- Knowledge of commercial business, construction, and commercial real estate lending.
- Capable of taking ownership of personal development/ performance and ability to work independently.
- Prepare loan presentations accurately and in a timely manner.