Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The CBDM works collaboratively with the Commercial Account Manager (CAM) and District Commercial Banking Team to seamlessly transfer new customer relationships, with the supporting Customer Action Plan, to the CAM for future revenue generation, in accordance with bank standards and policies and will support retention efforts for this set of customers where warranted. The CBDM will address the customers business needs with an emphasis on providing holistic banking solutions. This entails identifying and selling appropriate solutions across: Financing, Deposit, Cash Management (Payment and Collections) solutions as well as the referral of complex sales of financing, cash management and Personal/PCG product needs to the appropriate partner (e.g. CFD). In addition, the CBDM will partner with the Cash Management Specialist (CMS) to develop non-standard pricing /negotiated customer proposals that meet profitability standards and ensure that customer loyalty objectives are achieved through the delivery of exceptional service.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Protect the Banks assets and maintain quality of the Banks lending portfolio by adhering to Commercial lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. Ensure all Commercial Banking Business is in conformity with Bank Policies and other guidelines
- Accountable for risk management and minimizing losses through monitoring and control reports, (managing quality of information, analysis, profitability and credit recommendations, ensuring all legal, regulatory, ethical and compliance requirements, audits, and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures (i.e. hand off deal with no trailing deficiencies)) in executing sales of credit/non-credit products and services to Commercial customers and prospects
- Document and follow-up on any discrepancies to procedures, with significant operational risk and escalate, as required
- Respond to questions and/or resolve issues raised through audits and quality checks, to ensure lending decisions are adequately documented, clearly communicated and followed
- Exercise individually held Commercial Recommendation Discretionary Limits (i.e.: overdrafts, credit applications), ensuring credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Banks policies and related procedures (i.e.: Lending Directives, Commercial Lending Policy, etc.); completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and approving credit applications for authorizations under Commercial Lending Policy
- Adhere to Know Your Customer Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements, including BASEL II risk rating requirement
- Develop, implement, review and revise short (3 12 months) and long term (1 2 year) rolling sales strategies and tactical plans, focusing on identifying profitable business prospects and creating a network of referral sources for the assigned territory that will result in meeting or exceeding sales, service, revenue, share of wallet and loyalty targets.
- Apply territory management, relationship selling and relationship expansion strategy and performance to potential Commercial Banking customers ensuring comprehensive, holistic financial solutions
- Review and monitor sales, revenue and share of wallet performance against plan, identify gaps, develop appropriate action plans (as appropriate) and share best practices.
- Contribute to District Business Plan (as appropriate), regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability and new customer business growth potential, based on knowledge of local marketplace.
- Review sales and service plans on an ongoing basis to reflect opportunities and changes in the competitive local market environment; develop an action plan, and update CBAM on any changes that may impact the Area/District Business Plan
- Plan, implement and maintain an effective business development and community involvement strategy to protect and expand profitable Commercial businesses, utilizing an extensive network of referral resources
- Develop and co-ordinate individual relationship planning, implementation and review activities with key client Partner Groups (Corporate Finance, PCG, Transactional Credit, Personal Banking) identifying opportunities to ensure customers needs and expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded. Outline to the CAM and CBAM in the Relationship hand off , any significant risk or untoward factors that could impair the ongoing success of the customer from information garnered in relationship and business generation activities.
- Obtain and utilize market/industry/customer knowledge to proactively maximize sales, customer share of wallet increase cash management penetration, revenue per customer and customer loyalty for all new customers
- Complete proactive, focused, profitable sales of commercial solutions based on referrals/prospects, and knowledge of the assigned territory to improve share of wallet and market share
- Concurrently support commercial market share expansion, customer experience and share of wallet objectives to achieve revenue growth, share of wallet, acquisition, cash management sales, and customer loyalty objectives leveraging
- Be highly visible in the marketplace to proactively, and with a long-term focus, develop an internal and external network of referral sources that effectively generates prospects for new business to maintain a consistent pipeline of prospective customers for future execution. This will include Corporate Finance Account Managers, financial investors, financial professionals & consultants.
- Provide prospective commercial customers holistic banking solutions to meet their banking needs across the customers entire Operational Business Management Cycle: Make Payments, Collect Funds, Manage Deposits and Financing
- Establish linkages with PCG Partners, Headquarters and Industry Specialty Groups, to leverage sales and referral opportunities, improve share of wallet, and to maximize customer experience and profitability to the bank
- Contribute to the Banks business objectives and increasing share of wallet through direct market intervention by way of sales calls (individually and jointly with DVP, Commercial Account Managers, CMS), establishing a personal referral network and other business development activities.
- Accountable for proactive, focused sales of Commercial solutions and services, based on referrals/prospects, knowledge of local market,
- Develop an understanding of cross channel sales referral processes, local market, and existing business relationships to maximize balance acquisition, share of wallet, revenue, and to acquire new Commercial customers
- Establish and enhance the Banks profile by participating in meaningful and focused business and community activities and seeking out and creating opportunities to generate new Commercial business
- Apply resourceful business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques, to support the achievement of target level sales of Commercial lending ,deposit products and services, including complex cash management solutions
- Champion a sales environment that achieves consistent, superior customer service and good working relationships with Commercial Account Manager, Customer Service Officers (CSOs), , Cash Management Specialist (CMS), Personal Banking and PCG Banking partners
- Leverage technology, applications and tools to identify and refer profitable sales opportunities and to ensure optimal effectiveness, efficiency, and delivery of Commercial products and services
- Accompany and support the District Vice-President and Commercial Account Manager with customer interactions, and relationship building
- Develop and co-ordinate individual relationship planning, implementation and review activities with key client Partner Groups (Corporate Finance, PCG, Personal Banking) identifying opportunities to ensure customers needs and expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded. Outline to the CAM and CBAM in the Relationship hand off , any significant risk or untoward factors that could impair the ongoing success of the customer from information garnered in relationship and business generation activities.
- Effectively transition the relationship management of all new customers to the appropriate CAM at the appropriate time and in accordance with bank standards.
- Provide timely and effective problem resolution, escalating customer issues as necessary as per the established Problem Resolution Process
- Respond to questions and/or issues raised relative to customers that have been handed off to the Commercial Account Manager ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
What you must bring you this role:
- Commercial Credit Qualification with Limits
- L1- Working/L2 In-Depth understanding of Commercial Products, Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directives, enterprise credit risk policies and standards and all supporting processes and technology
- L2 -Designated Real Estate Account manager (DREAM) designation is required for this role with the DREAM designation level aligned to the portfolio customers being managed (ie. Portfolio requirement to manage customers with construction risk vs. no construction risk).
- Preferred: Credit adjudication experience. Good understanding of capital structuring to support the identification of referral
Only those who are qualified will be contacted.