BCTG's pharma client is looking for a FTE Commerce Cloud Developer to join their team. The software developer/engineer is responsible in developing solutions within the Commerce Cloud platform. Working as part of the Digital commerce team, the software developer will collaborate with different stakeholders to design, develop and make continuous improvements to Commerce Cloud to transform customer experience on their digital commerce journey
Essential Functions and Duties
- Deliver a high quality solution. Configure, design, build, and test the application or technology architecture components and classes to ensure quality of work
- Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
- Perform the coding, automated testing, documentation, and configuration changes to build, run, and maintain solutions using modern patterns, technology standards, and best practices. Perform code reviews and design reviews; analyze, debug, and resolve defects in applications
- Troubleshoot incidents to identify root causes and solutions, resolve problems, design, and implement configuration changes and monitor performance.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered during testing and provide regular status of each assigned tasks and escalate issues as necessary
- Monitor interfaces/data loads, administer security and provide feedback/solutions on application performance.
- Support related data workflows, including ERP interface, Product catalog, customer specific experience and Order Management process.
- Identify areas for improvement through an understanding of technical and business requirements.
- Partner with the technical and business team to address tactical and strategic issues.
- Provide out-of-hours support for code deployments
- Support production systems: proactively monitor and improve systems to enable smooth operations; work to analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner; resolve end user service requests
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Understand and internalize the Company’s purpose; Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
- Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
- Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
- Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related field of study; or, a combination of education and related professional experience
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience working on SAP Commerce Cloud product and functionalities for B2B
- Proficient in Commerce Cloud E-Commerce suite - Data modeling, Back-office customization, CronJobs, WCMS, Impex import/Export, validations and interceptors
- Adept in maintaining e-commerce/web platforms based on SAP Commerce Cloud. Knowledge of SAP Spartacus storefront.
- Fully versed in implementation enhancement and support of SAP Commerce Cloud CCV2 including front end and backend and integration using oData services
- Must be a self-starter, can adapt to the use of new technology, able to multi-task, and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support, and other SaaS enterprise software issues.
- Has a keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architecture and frameworks
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications
- Understanding of healthcare distribution model and business processes preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Agile software development processes and how to take a solution from concept through design, development, testing, and deployment;
- At least 5 - 8 years’ experience as a developer in Commerce Cloud
- Strong hands-on experience in customizing Commerce Cloud based e-Commerce Applications. Commerce Cloud implementation experience with SAP S/4 HANA integration with backend
- Strong proficiency in Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring and e-commerce web applications.
- Familiarity with API development and integrations from other platforms using oData services.
- Hands on experience in developing highly scalable REST/SOAP web services based systems, publishing and consuming web services
- Experience in Product Data modeling, catalog structure, and workflow
- Familiarity with headless integration
- Experienced with Agile Scrum, strong skills in Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) and Git
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, tag management / Google analytics, web content management, digital asset management, website monitoring tools, B2B ecommerce processes, web services
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in Commerce Cloud
- 5 years of experience in the healthcare distribution industry
- 5 years of experience in the healthcare industry
Extremely strong understanding of core Commerce Cloud eCommerce module’s out-of-the-box functionality (multichannel architecture, data modeling, data exchange/integration, custom extension development)
- Develop/customize OCC layer, APIS and SOLR.
- Integration experience using REST/SOAP and oData services
- Work closely with Product Manager, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security, and maintenance of applications, and to ensure code meets development standards and guidelines
- Develop programs and systems that function as intended
- Has thorough understanding of system development life cycle, CI/CD, Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Work with dedicated third-party support and other teams on products and solutions
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Skilled in communication with internal and external customers and management of tasks
- Must have a detail orientation and the proven ability to prioritize work
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Sound decision-making abilities
- At least 3 years of the production experience as Solution Architect
- Familiarity with azure Cloud environment and tools