A microfinance company in Pretoria East is looking to hire an experienced Collections Manager for RSA who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results driven and dynamic working environment. Needs to be extremely knowledgeable with the regulations and legislature in the South African Credit and Collections market and proactively manage the impact thereof on the day to day as well as the long-term running and sustainability of the business.Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in related field would be an advantage,
- (Credit Management, a Business Management Degree/Diploma/ LLB will be advantageous)
Key performance areas:
- Minimum 5 years’ banking, financial, legal and collections experience
- Knowledge of Legal, Compliance and National Credit Act
- Solid understanding of debit orders, Debi Check and NAEDO functionality
- Strong Analytical and reporting ability
- Experience in the Debt Collections/Debt Recovery Industry
- Experience in Call Centre operations – diallers, targets, stats, quality assurance
- Knowledge of Soft Collections, Legal Collections and Legal processes: early, middle, late collections
- Knowledge of financial management and systems management
- Maximizing collections performance!
- Proactive management of new and current loans collections, includes using credit bureau flags to detect trends when people default or are in trouble
- Effective management of pay dates, including the mapping of dates for optimal collections on first strike/new loans for new and existing customers
- Ensure employer database is maintained, pay dates and employees are mapped against this database and loan approval results in the correct allocation of the employee to the correct employer and subsequent pay date
- Manage EDC and external call center’s performance
- Effective leadership of staff including motivation and development
- Ensuring that the collections communication to clients is optimal and encourages payment
- Automation of daily, weekly and monthly processes with reporting functionality
- Equip the EDC’s on their ability to access data, contact and collect on the company’s books
- Manage relationships and performance of external call centers
- Tracking days are scientifically mapped to ensure optimal collection versus costs of tracking
- Develop a real-time collections dashboard for collections performance
- Daily tracking of expected vs collected collection rates and variance thereof
- Identify and implement daily and monthly collections reporting
- Identify trends proactively and make recommendations to CEO for collections and credit policy changes
- Manage a team of 3 – 6 staff
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong communication skills
- Target driven
- Numerical and analytically orientated
- Decision maker
- Perform in high-demand, fast-paced environment
- Willing/Able to travel to neighbouring countries (Southern Africa)
- Prepared to assist in collections in other Southern African countries
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201921 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.