Provide 2nd Line Maintenance support for: 1) F404-GE-400 Engine/Modules/Accessories including Test Cell Support, 2) Auxiliary Power Unit (APU), & 3) Throttle Quadrant Repair.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Carry out Induction & Periodic Inspections of the F404 Engine
• Perform Serviceability Assurance Checks (SAC A) on the Fan, HPC, Combustor, HPT, LPT and A/B Modules
• Perform SAC B inspections on the HPT and A/B Modules.
• Assembly/disassembly of the F404 Engine
• Pre/post Test Cell build-up of engines/APUs, functional testing, snag rectification IAW the applicable maintenance publications.
• Repair of the F404’s Anti-ice Valve & Fuel Inlet Tube
• Repair of the Forward and Aft Throttle Quadrants
• Prepare technical documents (UCRs, PIFs, etc.) for submission through MAM’s Engineering Department.
• Provide technical expertise and provide mentoring to RCAF Second Line personnel.
• Provide technical assistance on any issues concerning the F404 Engine to First and Second Line personnel, NDHQ or MAM as required.
• Other non-essential duties (i.e. perform housekeeping duties at the Engine Repair Facility (ERF) and Engine Test Facility (ETF), etc.)
• College Diploma – Aircraft Maintenance (or equivalent)
• 3-7 years’ experience with hands-on maintenance on the F404-GE-400/-402 engine in the last 10 years.
• Detailed system-level knowledge of the F404-GE-400/-402 engine.
• An understanding of DND’s Technical Airworthiness program (or civilian equivalent) and associated requirements.
• Understanding of the CF-18/F404 Maintenance Program.
• Experience working with DMS, CBMSS, IETM, etc.
• Strong communication and listening skills.
• Level 2 Security Clearance.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!