Now is an exciting time to join Strivant Health! We have new positions REMOTE Coding positions available.
Does this describe you?
- Ability to excel - As both a student and teacher
- Open minded - We value opinions and contributions from every member of the team
- Great attitude - We can’t teach that stuff!
- Go-Getter Mindset - Willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done
If so, we'd like to hear from you. We are looking for like-minded individuals to become part of our dynamic, enthusiastic and growing team! Please submit your resume today.
Who we are:
Strivant Health's foundation was created in 1996 (Lone Star MSO) on the idea of perfecting the business of medicine and revenue cycle management by using better people, processes and technology. Today we provide best in class Medical Billing, Coding, Collections, Contact Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO.
TITLE: Coding Quality Specialist REMOTE- Profee Physician Services
LOCATION: Remote - Anywhere in USA - This is a Remote/Telecommute position, which can be located in any U.S. location with high speed Internet capabilities.
HOURS: Standard business hours, Monday - Friday - Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday with set 8 hour/day schedule during standard business hours.
STATUS: Full Time, benefits eligible
TRAVEL: none required at this time, all training is handled via remote
The Coding QA Specialist conducts data quality audits of professional fee (physician services) encounters to validate the coding assignments are in compliance with the official coding guidelines as supported by clinical documentation in health record. Validates abstracted data elements that are integral to appropriate payment methodology. Presents findings and provides coding educations to internal or external clients.
Consulting: Consults with internal leaders, staff on best practices, methodology, and tools for accurately coding Professional Fee services.
- Chart Analysis of professional fee (physician services) coding for data auditing and validation: Reviews medical records for the determination of accurate assignment of all documented diagnoses and procedures. Reviews claim to validate abstracted data including but limited to discharge disposition. Adheres to Standards of Ethical Coding (AHIMA and AAPC).
- Reviews medical records to determine accurate required abstracting elements (facility/client/payer specific elements)
- Reviews medical records for the determination of accurate assignment of all documented ICD-10-CM codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Ensures Coders are meeting IQR and MQR expectations of 95% accuracy
- Provides grading and educational feedback to coders who may not be achieving 95% accuracy
- Coding: Uses discretion and specialized coding training and experience to accurately assign ICD-10, CPT-4 codes to patient medical records.
- Coding Quality: Demonstrates ability to achieve accuracy and consistency in the selection of principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures. Demonstrates ability to achieve accuracy and consistency in abstracting elements defined by SOW.
- CDI: Identifies and communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues (lacking documentation, physician queries, etc.) to appropriate personnel for follow-up and resolution.
- Professional Development: Stays current with AMA, AAPC and AHIMA official coding guidelines and with CMS and other agency directives for ICD-10-CM and CPT coding. Attends mandatory coding seminars on annual basis (ICD-10-CM and CPT updates) for inpatient and outpatient coding. Attends Coding Update Meetings and all coding conference calls.
- Problem-solve insurance rejections and denial issues
- Uphold productivity standards / daily quota set by management
- Maintain company accuracy rate of 95% in monthly internal audits
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree in relevant field preferred
- A minimum of 3-years professional fee coding experience assigning ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPC codes, including intermediate knowledge of level 1 & 2 modifiers is required
- A minimum of one year of professional fee quality auditing or team lead experience required
- An active coding credential with the AAPC (CPC) or AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P) or related certification required.
- Must possess moderate knowledge of CCI edits and LCDs and be able to accurately apply regulation knowledge to coding situations
- Emergency Department auditors must have experience with high volume ED Coding
- Radiology auditors must be able to code the following modalities: level I, plus duplex and Doppler ultrasounds, CT’s/CTA’s, MRI’s, nuclear medicine, and basic IR procedures
- Multi-specialty auditors must possess correct coding E&M and at least 2 specialties
- Must successfully pass coding test.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes.
- Must be detail oriented and can work independently.
- Intermediate computer knowledge of MS Office.
- The Coding Quality Auditor should demonstrate initiative and discipline in time management and assignment completion.
- The Coding QA Specialist must be able to work in a virtual setting under minimal supervision.
Please submit your resume today!
No agencies, please.