The primary job of the Coatings Manager is to manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of coatings operations, training, safety, and environmental compliance at all facilities by managing the workload of all coatings department personnel and working with the EHS department.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty above average and always represent the company in a professional manner. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of coatings-related operations, inspection, and equipment.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3 years’ experience or equivalent education (Required)
- NACE Level I (Required)
- NACE Level II certification or equivalent (preferred)
- Support all Company Safety Policies to ensure they are followed.
- Coordinate with Production Manager and Superintendents for coatings-related priorities and schedule.
- Manage and direct all coatings personnel.
- Ensure each facility is adequately staffed for all shifts to meet coatings operation needs.
- Ensure each facility has the equipment and consumables needed to meet production needs.
- Perform audits and inspections to ensure work performed meets or exceeds standards and issue corrective action when needed.
- Ensure adherence to the established preventive maintenance program on all equipment.
- Ensure company compliance with all documentation and retention requirements.
- Ensure all QC documentation is completed as required and given to the correct facility contact for retention.
- Review outside companies and vendors related to coatings operation.
- Review all purchase orders and requisitions for cost and accuracy.
- Coordinate with the EHS department to ensure facilities are following all environmental regulations.
- Inform senior management of any issues that will affect production, quality, or safety.
- Coach and develop all personnel within the coatings department.
Please select how you would like to apply for the position and follow the prompts