The Cloud Services Manager role will be responsible for overseeing a team of Cloud DevOps engineers and Admins to support cloud strategy.The Cloud Services Manager is responsible for facilitating governance, prioritization and implementation of cloud requests in alignment with Unified Cloud Architecture as defined by Cloud Center of Excellence. The Cloud Services Manager will be responsible to define metrics to support cloud tracking and utilization to support planning and budget process. The Cloud Services Manager will partner with numerous technology groups (including Enterprise Architecture) to develop and publish cloud guidance, patterns, tools and technologies to support unified multi-cloud architecture.Essential Functions
Acquisition & Deployment
- Strategy & Planning
- Ability to manage, update and communicate effectively Cloud Strategy to IT and Business stakeholders.
- Lead implementation of processes and procedures to facilitate on-boarding and off-boarding of SaaS apps, Cloud Hybrid connectivity to support IaaS & PaaS services, as defined by unified cloud architecture.
- Lead collaboration among various IT Teams to identify suitable patterns and workloads to support evaluation and implementation of cloud requests.
- Work closely with Enterprise Cloud Architect and application teams to define, implement and manage Cloud SDLC process to support IaaS & PaaS environments.
- Develop cloud adaptation framework & planning of leveraging cloud capabilities to modernize application portfolio. Work closely with Enterprise Cloud architect and application teams.
- Develop and implement cloud asset management solutions to track and manage cloud asset utilization. Working closely with Software Procurement and Finance and various IT Teams.
- Interview candidates and hire resources
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments.
- Develop Cloud Center of Excellence Charter and Operating Model. Collaborate with various IT Teams including Enterprise Architecture.
- Understand cloud patterns, workloads and guidance to support application requirements.
- Lead implementation and management of operations layer to support consumption of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
- Work closely with security architect and data privacy to plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in cloud solutions against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Work closely with application teams to upgrade/migrate applications and technologies to cloud platforms in alignment with cloud guidance, patterns and approved workloads.
- Manage implementation of DevOps processes to leverage automation and orchestration to support provision/de-provision of cloud services by application teams in seamless fashion, factoring all operation requirements, guidelines and standards as defined by Unified Cloud Architecture.
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively
- Provide direction and technical expertise in development and systems integration
- Work closely with Enterprise Cloud Architect and Cloud vendors to organize cloud training workshops for IT resources.
- Lead development, testing and deployment of automation and orchestration scripts to support Cloud software development lifecycle.
- Provide customer support for services deployed in cloud service catalog.
- Coordinate evaluation of backup and DR requirements, testing for cloud services to meet expectations of business and application teams.
- Coordinate work efforts with cloud vendors to monitor cloud services and resolve issues related to performance and service disruption.
- Ensure that a change management process is implemented to manage configuration of all cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS).
- Partner with business and application teams to support implementation of cloud solutions as directed by governance process.
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Project scheduling and resource management
- Planning, budgeting and reporting on projects
- Make presentations on project status, present monthly and annual reports to senior management
- Meet with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress
- Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Up to 25% travel as required (domestic and international)
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day as required.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Cloud certification (AWS, Azure or GCP), preferred.
- 8+ years IT experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred or team responsibility.
- Management or supervisor experience with integration or development teams.
- 2+ years of experience in leadership roles implementing large IT projects, such as ERP or e-Commerce.
- Good understanding of cloud native development and cloud integration.
- Good understanding of software lifecycle development processes.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, DevOps and automation of deploying applications in the cloud.
- Experience with IaaS & PaaS cloud platforms such as, Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experience with SaaS cloud offerings.
- Good working knowledge of webservers, applications, networking and databases.
- Good understanding of automation and deployment tools ( Puppet , Jenkins, GIT or similar).
- Knowledge of scripting and programing.
- Good business communication skills, leadership and project management skills.
- Good understanding of server build and configuration management.
- Good understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes or Dockers.
- Experience with micro services architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure as a code.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.