Our client company is a large Healthcare organization.
They are looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist RN (Neuro ICU) role in the Southern California Region. This a clinical manager who partners with the operational manager to ensure that nursing staff delivers safe and effective care. The role is built around the five role sub-components as regulated by the California Board of Registered Nursing: Leadership, Consultation, Research, Education, and Clinical Practice.
• Develops area of specialty competency criteria for outcome monitoring of the staff.
• Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence, participating in the creation, implementation, and follow up of action plans for professional, competency development and recommending terminations when appropriate.
• Conducts cost/benefit analysis of new clinical technologies resulting in recommendations for implementation and budgets.
• Provides coaching and counseling to the nursing staff and other health care providers.
• Participates as a part of management in providing 24 hour clinical leadership by developing standards of practice, policies and procedures for a specialty patient population that are consistent with professional practice standards.
• Partners with fellow clinical and operational managers in implementing methods and processes in specialty area to support change in nursing practice, care programs, and clinical innovation achieving improved patient/family outcomes.
• Evaluates clinical practice in areas of specialty to ensure community/professional standards are met.
• Manages high risk patients in the area of specialty in order to achieve safe, high quality, cost effective outcomes for the system.
• Rounds with the multi-disciplinary team in specialty area (any setting and includes community needs assessments).
• Evaluates policies and procedures for clinical nursing practice in specialty area integrating the evidence from systematic reviews.
• Facilitates multidisciplinary collaboration based on clinical needs of patient/family related to specialty area.
• Participates in outcomes research/evidence based practice projects.
• Identifies clinical quality indicators for specialty populations.
• Conducts systematic reviews in a specialty area.
• Implements methods and processes in area of specialty to sustain change in nursing practice, programs of care, and clinical innovation.
• Active involvement with specialty specific professional organizations as evidenced by participation on the professional organization leadership and operational groups (such as Committees) and/or participation at professional conferences.
• Develops, implements/coordinates, and evaluates specialty education programs for patient and families.
• Develops, implements/coordinates, and evaluates specialty training programs for nursing staff, including nurses in the communities.
• Leads multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates successful projects using scientific operations management principles and methodologies.
• Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding the delivery of nursing care.
• Develops, monitors, and supervises policies that integrate business and organization plans in operations.
• Ensures that patient care and quality standards meet and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policy and procedures, utilization and clinical performance standards and measures.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of specialty required.
• Clinical master's degree in nursing, in area of specialization.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• California Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification in area of specialty.
• Current California RN license.
• Current BLS certificate
• Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty.
• Recent project management experience.
• Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
• Experience in Neuro. ICU and Stroke patient management preferred.
• ACLS/NIHSS certification required.
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Manager with Direct Reports