Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN-MSN) Cardiac Surgical ICU
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Clinical ICU Nurse for a great opportunity in the Norfolk, VA area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital and have 1-2 years of experience working in an Intensive Care Unit.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN-MSN) Cardiac Surgical ICU
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Master's Degree
- Current and Valid RN license
- 2 years of RN experience
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Intensive Care Unit
- BLS Required Experience
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN-MSN), Cardiac Surgical ICU
- Provides general nursing care to patients in the Intensive Care Unit
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients
- Observes patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patients condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition to patient
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.