Clinical Nurse Specialist RN Cardiac Surgical ICU
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Clinical Cardiac ICU Nurse for a great opportunity in the Norfolk, VA area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital and have 1-2 years of experience working in a Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Specialist RN Cardiac Surgical ICU
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Master's Degree in Nursing is required
- Current and Valid RN license
- Must be certified in specialty area deemed eligible for CNS as recognized by State Boards of Nursing.
- CNS registration with Virginia or North Carolina Board of Nursing required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required for Intermediate Care and Critical Care
- 2 years of RN experience
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Specialist RN Cardiac Surgical ICU
- Nurses provide service to any patients that have undergone open heart surgeries such as CABG, Valve repair or replacement, aneurysm repair, TAVR, ablations, Heart Transplantation, and Mechanical Circulatory Support devices including the Total Artificial Heart and Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), and various lung surgeries.
- Nurses manage critically ill patients that require intensive hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, multiple drug infusions, IABP therapy and CRRT.
- Nurses handle 1-2 patients on this unit based on acuity level.
- 20 Bed cardiac surgical ICU