As our Medical Technologist, your role in setting up and being part of our laboratory operations would is crucial in allowing more people in the United States to access our advanced liquid biopsy technology.
Your day-to-day duties would include:
- Performing high complexity testing according to established SOPs for molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and next generation sequencing.
- Correctly receiving, requisitioning, processing, and ensuring proper identification of specimens and chain of custody.
- Evaluating sample integrity and adhering to relevant procedures in cases of unacceptable specimens.
- Setting up new laboratory equipment and performing equipment maintenance checks on a regular basis or as needed.
- Managing laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Participating in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
- Participating in internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Troubleshooting assays and instruments as needed.
- Maintaining strict quality standards according to the laboratory’s accreditation standards, e.g. CAP, CLIA, ISO.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken should test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Preparing for internal/external audits as needed.