Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Northwestern, CA area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Clinical Laboratory Scientist for a great opportunity in the Northwestern, CA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Laboratory Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Under the general supervision of the Manager of Laboratory Services, the Medical Technologist is responsible for the performance of routine and specialized tests carried out in the Clinical and/or Microbiology Laboratory(ies).
- Solves technical problems requiring a complex degree of judgment with minimum supervision, staff members who treat patients of a specific age group must be aware of the JCAHO requirements specific to that population.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures and policies.
- Performs quality control per regulations and established procedures and policies and documents all quality control data.
- Quality control data is reviewed and patient results are not released when an out of control situation remains unresolved.
- Identifies patient correctly 100% of the time.
- Performs required preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and documents as appropriate. Is proficient in troubleshooting laboratory equipment
- Assures continued service during downtime by exploring local and regional resources where appropriate
- Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner
- Safety: Helps to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
- Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner
- Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and performing other duties based on skill level and training orientation
- Quality Improvement Program: Participates in department problem solving, suggests improvements and facilitates changes
Requirements of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- 3 years' of Laboratory Department experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Laboratory Department experienced required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Medical Technology, or other Clinical Science area is required
- MSN preferred
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist License issued by the State of California