Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Hematology Supervisor
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
While the Hematology Supervisor will primarily be responsible for the development of laboratory processes and procedures in the Hematology section. The Hematology Supervisor will also assist in performing novel, high complexity laboratory tests and other activities typical of working in a clinical laboratory.
The work requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent organization skills, creativity and the ability to learn and adapt quickly under pressure.
Hematology Supervisor Responsibilities:
* Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
* Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
* Perform and document routine preventive maintenance.
* Review, verifies, interprets and report patient results
* Independently identify and troubleshoot problems that adversely affect test performance.
* Assist with training of new laboratory personnel.
* Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations and prepare reagents required for testing.
* Perform reagent qualification.
* Participate in the validation and implementation of new tests and process improvements.
* Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as times allows.
Hematology Supervisor Qualifications:
* Must have a current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.
* Completion of a CLS training program at an accredited institution or clinical laboratory work experience helpful.
* Have working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
* Ability to analyze and problem solve issues that affect test performance.
* Ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and work as part of a team.
* Ability to perform daily sample test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
* Ability to multitask and perform repetitive tasks.
* Computer skills and automation skills preferred.
* High sample volume laboratory experience preferred. Prior Hematology Supervisor experience helpful.
To learn more please contact.
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice
Tel 512-795-2000 x80 Direct Line 323-515-8299