Clinical Laboratory Scientist Generalist Experience preferred
McCall and Lee has been engaged by a community based hospital to recruit a Full-Time Clinical Laboratory Scientist I-III, to join their team.
We are seeking a well skilled, highly productive team player to work with their program.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Description:
A Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS performs laboratory analysis of patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease for all patient populations to include geriatrics, adults, children, infants, and neonates, in accordance with established Federal, State, and regulatory specifications, as well as District and Department policies and procedures. A Medical Laboratory Technician performs assigned tasks within a designated discipline, to include one or more of the following: General Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology/Serology, Microbiology, Special Chemistry, Toxicology, Transfusion Services and Urinalysis.
Typical Duties of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist:
Relocation expenses and Sign On Bonus for the right candidate.
- Analyze patient samples and evaluate the reliability of test results according to
age, gender and specimen acceptability criteria prior to releasing information for
use in patient care and treatment.
- Complies with all Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements related to
health care delivery.
- Determine the acceptability of and prepare patient samples for analysis.
- Participate in assigned proficiency surveys, performance improvement activities
and mandatory continuing education programs.
- Participate in training and orientation of new employee and students, including
- Perform and document routine maintenance and minor instrument repairs.
- Perform calibration procedures, and analyze and verify the acceptability of
Quality Control values prior to analyzing patient samples.
- Perform Laboratory and Hospital Information Systems (LIS and HIS)
computer functions involved in pre-analytic, analytic and post analytic processes.
- Perform other duties, e.g., special collection procedures, development
of procedures, inventory, and records keeping, as assigned.
Clinical Lab Scientist/CLS Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a science discipline.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Limited Specialty License by the State of California is required.
- 1+ years of working experience in area of expertise. (Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Micro)
- Excellent organization, communication, and people skills are required.
To take the first step towards your new opportunity, contact and/or send resume:
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice
Tel 512-795-2000 x80 Direct Line 323-515-8299