Clinical Laboratory Technologist/MLS-ASCP (Generalist)
Full-Time New York Hospital On-site Position
**Must be licensed in NY as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist**
**Relocation/Commutability is Required**
~ Possibility of Visa Sponsorship ~
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work in a lab that is essential to the health of its community, then this Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Med Tech role could be the perfect fit! This hospital is comprised of compassionate clinicians, technicians, and support staff that keep the community healthy.
Leave the busy, cramped city behind and live in North Country New York where the air is fresh, and the outdoor activities are endless! Surrounded by mountains and lakes, this area offers small town charm, recreational activities, and easy access to many area attractions. Activities include hiking, cross-country and downhill skiing, boating, camping, hunting, golfing and more!
If you are looking to have an enormous impact in a small town, join the team!
This Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ASCP-MLT (Generalist) position is responsible for performing routine as well as highly specialized tests to diagnose and/or aid in the treatment of disease, troubleshooting (preventing and solving problems with results, specimens, or instruments), and communicating test results to the pathologist or treating health practitioner.
Other responsibilities include:
- examine bloods or body fluid specimens under the microscope for bacteria, parasites, fungus, or cells that might indicate cancer or other diseases.
- perform quality control checks, evaluate new instruments, and implement new test procedures.
- Scientists/Technologists also may assume managerial roles, including supervising laboratory personnel as the general and/or technical supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field, including one year of clinical experience
- MLS (ASCP) certification required
- Must have a valid New York Clinical Laboratory Technologist license, or meet all eligibility requirements and have started the application process
- 3-5 years+ experience in high-complexity testing
- Meets minimum requirements for Medical Technologist as described in NYS Department of Health regulations 58-2.4
- Works independently with minimal supervision
If interested and want to know more about this amazing opportunity, contact:
Casey Nichik Executive Recruiter Mid-Atlantic and North East Regions
Main: (512) 795-2000 x16 Direct: (973) 795-7111 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: McCall & Lee Casey Nichik