Client Development Executive
Optimatum is a New York City-based vendor management firm that focuses exclusively on the HR supply chain. The Firm’s turnkey solutions improve the financial and operational performance of health care plans of their clients located nationwide through their unique multidisciplinary approach, which includes forensic analysis, the maintenance of existing vendor relationships, while at the same time increasing transparency and accountability. The net impact is meaningful reductions in cost while at the same time delivering improved plan performance.
Through our HR Transitional Services for Acquisitions & Divestitures, we are at the epicenter of the “Biggest Deal Boom In A Decade” delivering expedited deal closure and accelerated harvesting of post day-one synergies which all reduced target employee integration risk.
In a world where 70 to 90%* of all M&A’s fail to achieve strategic and financial objectives with reasons often attributed to HR-related factors, we are here to solve the issues in this hot market.
The firm is looking to build a sales organization to leverage the firm’s stellar reputation and build meaningful scale quickly. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a startup sales team in a business that is well positioned to make an impact in the way firms can reduce the expense related to health care benefits expense.
The role involves prospecting, developing trusted advisory relationships with targeted clients and working with the delivery organization to craft solutions to client specific problems.
The Client Development Executive is responsible for the identification, development and securing of new solutions to both new and existing clients, with an emphasis of the development of new clients and new relationships. This role will be focused on revenue growth within a defined list of clients; achieves and/or exceeds sales target goals; and cultivates client relationships while expanding the strategic pipelines of opportunities with existing clients.
- Identify and develop new sales with new and existing clients, create and deliver proposals with the delivery team, create and deliver presentations utilizing all sales and marketing tools; and identify and penetrate other business opportunities, etc.
- Work closely with the Practice Teams to proactively identify client opportunities; collaborate with subject matter experts to explain and demonstrate value proposition of relevant solutions.
- Manage and develop relationships with multiple contacts and stakeholders of key client accounts to expand Optimatum’s reach in both its clients and partners (i.e., major law firms, private equity firms).
- Research and contact potential business opportunities; ensuring that all sales lead, calls, follow-ups, and pursuits are recorded in CRM System. Negotiate contract terms with clients and ensure adherence to company policies with Firm SME’s direct involvement
- Meet and/or exceed sales target and revenue retention goals as per Firm standards
- Strong business and financial acumen; knowledge of professional services / M&A service providers a big plus
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Outstanding negotiation and analytical skills
- Self-managing, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sales - Solid understanding of sales process and action stages of business development with a proven track record for achieving results
- Relationship Building and Account Management- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at medium and large companies to drive new business opportunities
- Collaboration - The ability to work with subject matter experts form all lines of business to drive sales and new revenue opportunities
- Project Management - Strong project management and collaborative skills; must be able to work with all service staff and other internal support teams across the company
- Interpersonal -Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage productive working relationships with people at all levels and the ability to influence and persuade others
- Communications and Presentation - Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management including executive level
- Strong ability to resolve issues or concerns or address challenges with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work under fluctuating pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum 3 years of account management and/or consultative selling experience with mid and senior-level contacts at medium and large companies
- Knowledge of benefits consulting and health care services and solutions is a big plus