This position is accountable for performing and supervising of the cleaning and sanitation of GMP production areas within the Contract Manufacturing Facilities and supporting areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate a passion for working safely and ability to train new staff in Safety rules and procedures.
• Follows all SOPs, OSHA rules, including MSDS, and lock-out / tag-out procedures.
• Supervise cleaning technicians performing routine cleaning of the manufacturing areas (clean rooms, staging areas, warehouse, etc.) and facility areas as required to ISO standards.
• Supervise cleaning technicians to complete minor facility maintenance activities (i.e. filter replacements, minor facility maintenance, sweeping, mopping, etc) and work closely with Manufacturing, Facilities, Engineering and Quality Control groups.
• Plan and maintain staffing schedule for shifts and locations for Environmental Cleaning Technicians.
• Coordinate with other production supervisors, managers, and directors to execute production support cleaning on-time.
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled cleaning of manufacturing areas and facilities areas.
• Maintains and reviews records of all activities related to the cleaning activities of GMP manufacturing areas.
• Provide input to Manager regarding performance, disciplinary, and other employee related matters. Identify and relay any concerns to Manager with enough notice for employee and Manager to have an opportunity to correct.
• Provide guidance for continuous improvement initiatives with Environmental Cleaning Team.
• Demonstrate desirable leadership competencies required to create positive employee experiences through your interactions with them.
• Reliable in attendance and willing to work late or come in on short notice as required and/or needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 2+ years of previous experience in supervisory role
• Experience and ability to perform and complete minor facility maintenance work.
• Must be highly motivated, follow oral and written instructions, communicate effectively, think logically, and thrive independently and/or in a fast-paced team environment
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Experience performing facility/equipment cleaning in FDA regulated industry strongly preferred.
• The ability to work in a clean room environment is an essential job function for this position, as is the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the entire workforce.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.