Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Clean Room Inspector. The successful incumbent will perform ultrasonic cleaning, automatic flushing and inspection of all core passages in complex magnesium and aluminum sand castings using borescope inspection methods and to remove any foreign/non-conforming material found in those passages using appropriate tools.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Inspect applicable castings in accordance to borescope/video scope specified procedure (cored passages and plug seats) to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work in cooperation with source inspectors, final inspectors, welders, x-ray personnel, quality specialists and engineers.
- As applicable, remove obstructions or defects detected inside passages by using the appropriate tools (manual, electric and/or air operated) designed for task, and techniques.
- Responsible for documenting in writing, photos and computer entry all parts inspected in borescope log-book and any non-conformances found are recorded and identified according to QMS procedures.
- Notify appropriate personnel when defects are identified so the cause can be investigated and corrective action measures implemented.
- Notify supervisor of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material.
- Perform the following tasks: ultrasonically clean parts, dry parts with provided equipment, manual/automated part flushing, borescope inspection of core passages, over inspection of finished castings, and seal castings in poly (shipping) bag and label.
- Maintain cleaning solution and process controls as specified on documented instructions.
- Maintains a clean working area, FOD free, and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Magellan quality and delivery performance.
- Perform a variety of other duties and tasks of equal or less complexity, as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Previous experience in the use of cleaning and borescope equipment is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Final Inspection experience is preferred.
- Must pass visual requirements test, and applicable exams.
- Be able to use shop mathematics.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, documented instructions, and manufacturing plans.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments, borescope, and cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques, manufacturing methods and requirements.
- Good communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law