This is a local, home every night, M-F job. $20/hr, probably 45-50 hours. Looking for drivers in Houston, San Antonio, and Atlanta immediately.
Our Client Company specializes in home furnishings. If you’re an experienced, safety-oriented driver looking to join a company that truly values its drivers apply today to be considered for a position with the following benefits:
- Safety bonus of up to $2,500 per year
- 100% of Blue Cross/Blue Shield health care premiums are paid for driver
- Subsidized health insurance premiums for spouse/dependents
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life insurance and Short-term disability programs provided at no cost to the employee
- Paid (PTO) time off
- 401K with company match
- Paid orientation
- Employee Assistance Programs
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Specialized manual labor operating a heavy truck for local and regional deliveries of furniture or other merchandise associated with furniture to primarily retail customers.
- Assist in unloading deliveries to customer.
- Responsible for required paperwork and the preparation of daily logs via Omnitracs Electronic Logging System.
- Professionally interact with customers and others at points of delivery and/or pickup.
- Perform work in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to operation of heavy motor vehicles on public roads and highways.
Employment Requirements :
- Possess and maintain Class A Commercial Driver's License
- 2 or more years recent Class A driving experience
- Compliant with DOT driver qualifications
- Exceptional driving record
- Ability to operate single or combination motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds
- Able to physically exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Meet physical demands for medium to heavy work
- Able to read, write and communicate both orally and in writing in standard English
Carrier performs employment background verification, alcohol/substance abuse testing history, MVR reports, and criminal background history.
Job Type: Full-time