Position Overview: Operates trucking equipment such as tractor and trailer, flatbed, fluid hauling or other product trailers, winch trucks and other equipment; may include straight or articulated trucks. Transports goods and materials; may be responsible for loading and unloading, tarping and ensuring cargo safety/security. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor, Truck Foreman, Area Superintendent or Area Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Drives DOT-regulated truck safely to and from work location
- Loads and unloads cargo or operates equipment mounted on vehicle or trailer
- Completes trip documentation including DOT driver e-log, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route and post-trip), maintenance reports, accident/incident reports, and work tickets
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements, such as air brake, hazmat, tanker, where required (or Class B where appropriate)
- Pass a Department Of Transportation (DOT) physical and maintain a current medical card
- Comply with applicable DOT rules and regulations
- Able to pass respirator fit test
- Acceptable MVR
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Able to lift and position equipment weighing 50 lbs.
- Able to sit long periods while driving
- Able to stand long periods while cargo is being loaded and unloaded
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Job Type: Full-time