The MedMal Claims Specialist investigates, evaluates, and resolves Medical Malpractice claims in California, Florida and Georgia.
- Investigates claims from initial contact to resolution
- Research and analysis of medical facts; directs and monitors attorney work product and executes recommendations regarding case resolution.
- Confirms coverage and resolves coverage issues.
- Evaluates liability and damage information to establish consistent and appropriate indemnity and ALAE reserves.
- Communicates with reinsurers and other involved parties in monitoring and resolving cases as appropriate.
- Approves bills and controls expense functions.
- Monitors trial activities and negotiates settlements within given authority, including direct negotiation with plaintiffs and plaintiff attorneys.
- Attends trial-related activities including, but not limited to, arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences, pre-trial conferences and trials as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience is required.
- 5+ years experience in claims handling/investigation preferred.