Position Summary: The Claims Manager oversees the quality and efficiency of claim department operations in order to provide efficient and accurate claims service. The position requires leadership ability, strong technical knowledge of LTCI claims practices and procedures, excellent organizational skills, diplomacy and tact.
• Oversee the activities of Claims Supervisors.
• Monitor claim department quality and quantity of workflow
• Interview job applicants with supervisors and make hiring recommendations.
• Measure and grade individual claims employee performance and consult with supervisors doing the same.
• Mentor, train and oversee Supervisors development of employee performance improvement plans.
• Consult and advise Claim AVP on technical matters and matters of departmental practices and procedures.
• Further good relations with client company personnel and reinsurance company personnel
• Performs any other duties as directed by the Director of Claims and/or the VP of Claims.
• Minimum 10 years’ increasingly complex claims adjusting/handling experience with preferred experience in LTC, Life or Health insurance
• Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
• Knowledge of email, Internet, Windows and Microsoft Office and other applicable computer systems
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.