Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Civil/Structural Project Engineer to join our client's growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning, scheduling, budget, and implement the engineering, and construction of the site work, foundations, and structures on each project through the use of outside contractors and engineering firms, to complete projects safely, on time, and within budget.
- Experience in hiring and leading multiple contractors on fast-track projects
- Experience in complex concrete construction and structural steel fabrication and erection
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of steel plant processes
- At least three years of maintenance and/or operational experience
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, preferably in the steel industry
- Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically
- Outstanding abilities in negotiation and relationship building
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Focus on continuous improvement