Title: Office/Field Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-1089132985
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Office/Field Engineer to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
The primary role of the Office/Field Engineer is to assist the Project Engineer and Superintendent with the planning and daily execution of the project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Review design/drawings and specifications for inconsistencies.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Review all subcontractor submittals for compliance with the contract requirements.
- Assist in processing and administration of submittal tracking and document control.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch list, describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, materials requirement calculations, etc.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Supervision and quality inspection of field work (including night work).
- Assist in the management of materials and material handling planning.
- Track quantities and production quantities for work performed.
- Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor project schedules.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s directions.
- At least 1 year working experience in a project engineer or field engineer role.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Working knowledge of a personal computer (PC) and Microsoft Office Suite programs (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Local qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Previous or current construction field engineer experience related to a rail project, highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Auto Cad and Primavera software, highly preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Benefits: medical, dental and vision
401K Plan with Employer contribution
Vacation and Sick leave
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.