Civil Engineering Department Manager
Are you an established Civil Engineering land development professional looking to make a difference in the community around you? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy empowering early-career professionals? Our client is seeking a Civil Engineering Department Manager to lead and develop a civil team in Raleigh, NC.
The ideal candidate will have experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design oversight, project management, and leadership responsibilities within a team atmosphere.
- Management of design development, preparation and/or administration of the contract documents, opinions of probable construction costs, agency correspondence, client relations, staff supervision and mentoring. Projects include but are not limited to commercial, residential, and multi-family developments, mixed-use type projects, rezoning due diligence, public facilities, and other site development or utility projects.
- Ability to support business development will be an important focus for this position. The manager will be responsible for involvement within community to facilitate growth of the firm and coordination with corporate business development manager.
- Focus on client satisfaction through excellent communication and designs that meet budget and time goals.
- Quality Control - oversight of construction document preparation and design including site layouts, grading plans, utility plans, storm water plans, roadway plans, details, and other items related to project development.
- Permitting submittals and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering design and consulting firm serving all phases of project development with civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, surveying, and construction-phase services.
- Bachelors’ of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Registration required (North Carolina preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of professional engineering design and project management experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- A strong background in the land development industry, site planning, grading design and construction document preparation
- Prior experience mentoring project managers and engineers-in-training / design staff
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and design software experience is preferred– this position must understand the design software, but the position is not to perform AutoCAD design
- Strong business development skills and excellent financial management skills
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction codes, standards and technical specifications
- Proficiency with developing and designing construction details