Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Southeast AZ area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Chief Operating Officer (COO) for a great opportunity in the Southeast AZ area . The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3 years' of current experience working in a Chief Operating Officer (COO) role.
Responsibilities of the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Requirements of the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Coordinates the activities of senior executives and works with them to develop short and long range objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that policies are uniformly understood and consistently interpreted and administered.
- Communicates routinely with the CEO concerning policy recommendations and suggested courses of action pertinent to the efficient operation of assigned departments.
- The COO provides administrative direction for operations of assigned departments and appraises the performance of the respective departments’ heads, including authority to hire and fire, but subject to the veto of the CEO.
- The COO promotes complete involvement of the departments’ heads in the preparation of the departments’ budgets and educates them in the importance of the budget, forecasting and planning process.
- Master's Degree in hospital administration (MHA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience at the COO level in a similar sized for-profit acute care hospital