- Organizationally reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Sets and approves the mechanical technical direction for dynamic test system (DTS) projects.
- Reviews and technically approves the mechanical project internal scope of work.
- Assists and mentors project engineering on component and vendor selection for all mechanical project materials.
- Participates in the startup, validation, and acceptance of DTS systems and equipment.
- Responsible for the mechanical technical project approval and specification conformance.
- Participates and technically supports external customer reviews.
- Technical Evaluation of customer specifications.
- Assists DTS applications staff in the generation of proposals for future work including concepts, budgets, timing, and equipment descriptions.
- May be required to author technical publications, white papers, or give technical presentations as a subject matter expert.
- Provide or support new customer or sales technical presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field of study or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering position. Experience preferably related to the design and engineering of test equipment, with a focus on equipment with rotating shafts and gearboxes. Knowledge of gearbox and driveline modeling, design and understanding required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, articulately and professionally.
- Must have appropriate schedule flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the organization's success.
- Ability to interact positively and constructively with all team members while representing company in a professional manner.
- Willingness to work "above and beyond" in order to meet company goals.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.