Reporting to the CEO for a top 50 transportation provider offering a complete line of expedited & time-definite services, international shipping solutions, product warehousing & inventory management.
The Chief Information Officer will provide strategic leadership for vision of best in class technology increasing efficiency, visibility, data, dash boards, and metrics for business operations. The successful individual will direct information and data integrity and provide leadership in day-to-day operations of IT resources to include cybersecurity, data centers, help desk, communication networks, website, financial accounting systems, enterprise systems and office productivity tools. The goal of the CIO is to set the vision through transformational change management and lead the company’s IT related evolution. The challenge is to evaluate and implement changes which enhance the capabilities for the organization and customer for rapid growth and improved profitability. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Senior Management IT role within domestic and international forwarding in logistics & transportation (10 years)
- Strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of IT & Financial Reporting systems.
- Project Management Organization; forming, oversight and management.
- Dashboards and data metrics to provide IT guidance to Executive Team & Board.
- Mergers & Acquisitions integration.
- Policies and procedures to protect IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of data.
- Cybersecurity risk management while meeting business needs and ensuring end user functionality.
- Selection, acquisition, development, and installation of information systems.
- Acquisition and maintenance of contracts for software & hardware, involving stakeholders as needed.
- Corporate policies and standards to maximizing effectiveness and minimizing IT costs.
- Annual operating and capital budgets management for information and technology systems.
- Oversight and linkage of external systems (e.g., customers, vendors) and internal systems (e.g., EDI, APIs).
- Commercial orientation and customer interface.
- Modernization from proprietary to third party systems.
- Software development lifecycle.
- System recovery and business continuity plans for critical events (e.g., power failure, damage to system, etc.).
- Development, maintenance, and communication of systems and user documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Computer literate (e.g., Office Suite, Google Applications, Tableau, Snowflake)
- Systems: TMS, WMS
- Education: BA or BS Degree (e.g., IT, Computer Science, or related discipline)
- Residence: North East, USA (will relocate)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Transportation (e.g., courier, expedite, line haul, final mile, white glove, international, e-commerce)
- Master data management / data architecture & governance
- Education: Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, Masters’ Degree)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal & public speaking capabilities
- Ability to motivate people through change management & collaborative skills
- Superb business acumen
- Strategic thinker
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Gustavo Stille
Freight Forwarding TransportationGStille@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.130Click here to apply online