Chief Information Officer CIO of Information Technology IT
Currently seeking talented Chief Information Officer CIO of Information Technology IT for a great opportunity in the Montgomery, AL area. The ideal candidate will possess 7 years of current experience working in information technology and have 5 years’ experience working as a director in information technology.
Responsibilities of the Chief Information Officer CIO of Information Technology IT
- Manages the implementation and application/system upgrades and on-going support of numerous software applications across facilities.
- Provides thorough assessment and prioritization of clinical/IT needs.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legal requirements, regulation changes and industry practices including those related to industry security requirements and guidelines.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them.
- Assists in the planning and development of the IT budget
- Lead teams and individually coordinate the implementation of projects to ensure the projects are delivered on time and within the allocated budget.
- Develop, implement and test backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of desktop computers, notebook computers, printers, and other IT devices within facilities.
- Identify and assist in the education of staff regarding IT devices and software applications.
- Ensures compliance with all organizational policies, and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that access control, disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, and risk management needs are properly addressed.
- Holds regular staff meetings to assure coordination of efforts.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews on staff.
Requirements of the Chief Information Officer CIO of Information Technology IT
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Math, Business or related field is required. Masters is preferred
- CDP is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Wide Area Network (WAN), Cisco, Clinical information systems (EHR/EMR), telehealth, Help Desk Support, Client/Server, SQL Server, VoIP and other applicable computer and information system nomenclature, concepts and constructs.
- 5 years of current experience working in management position in an short term acute care hospital
- 7 years’ experience working in information technology in a healthcare setting